We are proud to say that we receive an extremely low number of warranty inquiries. Of those few, most prove to be caused by improper installation or factors unrelated to our product. Please diligently evaluate all possible causes of functionality issues before making a warranty claim. If a customer returns a product for evaluation and our inspection and testing prove it to be of proper manufacture, functionality and accuracy, we reserve the right to charge a nominal fee to cover the cost of the inspection and testing.
PROOF Research stands behind its products. If a warranty claim is merited, we are easy to work with and will make every reasonable effort to ensure that the customer is satisfied.
PROOF Research guarantees only those products manufactured by PROOF Research. Your warranty card must be on file with the factory within 30 days of delivery in order for the warranty to be valid. The warranty is only applicable to the original owner who has registered his or her ownership with PROOF Research.
Before leaving the factory, your PROOF Research barrel was inspected and carefully packaged. If you purchased a PROOF rifle it was inspected and test fired prior to being carefully packaged. PROOF Research has no control over product handling after it leaves the factory.
What Your Warranty Covers
Your PROOF Research product is warranted against defects in material and workmanship. If the product is defective in any way it should be returned to us. If after receipt and inspection of the product PROOF Research determines that defects have occurred due to manufacturing, all parts and labor, or replacement or refund will be covered at our discretion.
What Your Warranty Does Not Cover
- Any component not manufactured by PROOF Research.
- Cryogenically treated metal work.
- Normal wear or barrel throat erosion.
- Damage that is determined by PROOF Research to be the result of failure to perform normal maintenance, abuse, neglect, misuse, corrosion, improper care, or improper handling or installation.
- Damage due to the use of wrong caliber ammunition or ammunition other than high-quality commercially-manufactured ammunition in good condition or high velocity, high pressure, reloaded or other nonstandard ammunition.
- Damage due to natural causes or damage during shipping.
- Damage or malfunction due to alterations, unauthorized adjustments, repair, modification, parts replacement or service by anyone other than a PROOF Research technician.
Transportation to and from our repair facilities, government fees, or sales outside the United States, is not covered by this Limited Warranty.
THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, EXCEPT FOR ANY WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN THIS DOCUMENT, ARE EXCLUDED AND SHALL NOT APPLY TO THE PRODUCTS SOLD.
Buyer’s exclusive remedy against Seller shall be for Seller to use its best efforts to repair or replace any defective products. Any such repair, replacement or remedy shall be at no charge to Buyer. If Seller is unable to repair or replace a defective product, then Buyer’s sole remedy shall be the return of the purchase price for that product or service. No other remedies shall apply.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, SELLER SHALL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE TO BUYER FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE PURCHASE OF A PROOF RESEARCH PRODUCT, EVEN IF SELLER HAS BEEN APPRISED OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER’S LIABILITY EXCEED THE AGGREGATE PRICE OF THE PRODUCTS PURCHASED BY BUYER.